Friday, February 17, 2012

Say Hello To My Little Friends!

The awesome ladies in the FB group "Polish-aholics Anonymous" have been all excited about a Walgreens sale on Sinful Colors polishes... so I thought I would grab some.


Aren't they great? Front & center is Cinderella, flanked by Savage and Exotic Green. Behind them is Courtney Orange, 24/7 (pink) and Out Of This World.

Also, say hello to my new camera! It's a Nikon Coolpix S4100, with 14MP, 3" touchscreen, 5x optical zoom and an awesome macro setting! It also shoots 720P video... Look at the second photo in full size. Zoom in on the ingredients label on Cinderella - except for where the bottle curves, you can see every word! This camera cost $99 at Best Buy - I remember paying more than that for a single camera lens, back when photos were shot on film and $100 was a lot of money! Now that I have a respectable camera, I can get to work on a full tutorial for the turquoise mineral nail art.... look for that this weekend.

Here's another photo from the Nikon..





That's right - this week I have Skittle Toes! The colors (right to left) are NOPI Prized Possession Purple, OPI Fly, Sinful Colors Exotic Green, Jordana Mellow Yellow, Jordana Orangesicle, OPI Bogota Blackberry, Orangesicle, Mellow Yellow, Exotic Green, and Fly. Yes, they're in ROYGBIV rainbow order - I'm a little OCD that way...

Anyway, thank you to my newest followers, and a giant bearhug to Megan at Painting Rainbows for mentioning me on her blog. This week's pedi is for her!

11 comments :

  1. Steve! We both have skittle mani's on LOL. I am so bummed out because we dont have a Walgreens and I wanted to pick some of these bad boys up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dani, that's awesome! I loved the one you did because "Daddy said so"... and I wish you the best with your health issues... Which colors did you want?

      Delete
  2. Great choices! I love SC....I use them fearlessly for water marbling and other nail art because they are so reasonably priced, but they wear nice too just on their own. The last time I hit my nearest Walgreens (its an hour away so it doesn't happen often) I had so many in the bag I walked out clinking and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors and I love the skittles! I'm making a trip to Walgreens (again) lol :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your skittle toes are amazing! I need to do that one day, they look fab!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the skittle toes! I haven't done skittle nails in quite awhile.. maybe I'll do that soon!

    I have so many Sinful Colors polishes. I think I have about 30 of them but I don't have any of the ones you picked up! Savage looks pretty awesome, I might have to go look for that one. The store where I usually bought my Sinfuls recently stopped carrying them though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LUCKY! Great find with Cinderella! Super jealous

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. I have to go to Walmart and see what I can find.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, everyone! Mac, the sale is (was?) at Walgreens, not Wal-Mart. I noticed that you're in the Cleveland area too... do you ever take your polished nails out anywhere?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww shoot I missed the sale, apparently ended the 18th. I really like Savage, it looks like a great aqua-ish poolside blue. Might have to go get it anyway! Also love your skittle toes! I've painted my nails different colors before, testing shades out, but I haven't done a proper skittle mani yet... I love the ROYBGIV idea, I may have to steal that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice skittles. I bought lots from the castaway collection. Lots of teals so I will be doing an ombre with them :)

    ReplyDelete