The Versatile Blogger Award
Amanda Berry of BerryPolished
Pixel of Pixel's Polish
Eugenia of Talon-ted ... but Tawdry
Becky of Paint My Nails at Midnight
Holly Dodd of Paint on the Glitz
Emily Esqueleta of Macabre Manicures
Versatile Blogger Award acceptance rules:
- Nominate 15 fellow bloggers who are relatively new to blogging.
- Let them know that you have nominated them.
- Share 7 random facts about yourself.
- Thank the bloggers who have nominated you.
- Add the Versatile Blogger Award picture to your post.
These are my nominees (in no particular order):The rules don't define "relatively new to blogging", so I used these eligibility/selection criteria:
- Blogs with less than 100 followers are eligible, ("followers" is the number reported by the GFC widget when present),
- Blogs with 100<followers<400 are eligible if their first blog post was published in 2011or 2012,
- Blogs with more than 400 followers are eligible if their first blog post was published in 2012.
- Blogs must demonstrate creative use of communication media (blogging tools, social media, contests etc..)
- Blogs must demonstrate creative use of art media (nail lacquers and other art materials used for nail decoration)
My 15 nominees are:
- Liesel of http://liesllovesprettythings.blogspot.com/,
- Guy of http://menwithpaintednails.blogspot.com/
- Tara of http://tarabl3.blogspot.com/
- mozzer0906 of http://sytycp.blogspot.com/
- Zoe of http://ocnpd.blogspot.com/
- amiablerain of http://raindownonmebeauty.blogspot.com/
- Vanessa Ortiz of http://www.confessionsofapolishaholic.com/
- Essie Rae of http://iheartprettypolish.blogspot.com/
- Jade of http://polishedimperfections.blogspot.com/
- Nubbinnails of http://nubbinnails.blogspot.com/
- Tess of http://footballandfingernails.blogspot.com/
- Jen of http://www.jenspolishwonderland.com/
- Heidi of http://diypolish.blogspot.com/
- CupK8 of http://cupk8.blogspot.com/
- polishedtothenines of http://polishedtothenines.blogspot.com/
7 random facts about me:
- I once taught the Boy Scouts how to row a boat! (seriously, my folks were dealers for a brand of rowing shells, the kind with the sliding seat and racing oars, and I was asked to bring one out to a Boy Scout facility to demonstrate the differences between this style (aka pull with your legs, twist the oars for the backstroke) and their familiar dinghy rowing (aka, pull with your back, lift the oars for the backstroke)
- I was for two years, the youngest certified Windsurfing instructor in the USA.
- I have operated forklifts, loaders, excavators, cranes, bulldozers, boats - and once, I drove a train!
- I skipped the 7th and 8th grades in junior high school, I graduated at 16 y/o.
- My favorite author is Harlan Ellison (he is credited as an inspiration at the end of the first Terminator film - though he might have had to sue for that recognition) - and, though I live about a mile from Ellison's boyhood home, I might be the only person in my town who knows who he is.
- I once proclaimed that "The personal computer has peaked - people don't need / won't buy more computing power than this".... I was speaking of the Tandy TRS 80...
- I have operated a vodka still, legally, to make vodka for retail sale.