Airbrush Gradient - Roadhouse Blues over Zoya Breezi
Just a quick post today to show you a gradient I did with my airbrush. This was an experiment, so I decided to try it with my 4 day old Breezi mani - I've had bad luck with the airbrush before, and I expected to be removing another failed attempt. So, I didn't fix-up the Breezi base, I didn't buff anything or worry about scratches or tip wear. But... this time, it worked! I think the difference was solvent... the airbrush needs a very thin paint, watery consistency - and I had tried before to use acetone and MEK. This time, I used polish thinner - ethyl acetate and butyl acetate - and the airbrush liked these much better.
Anyway, I like this enough to keep it a few days. This is just a coat of OPI Roadhouse Blues, thinned about 2S:1P, then dusted over the tips on top of a Zoya Breezi base, then topped with OPI topcoat. Here it is: